When you work all day and fall into bed and someone asks you how you feel or what you want or what you are doing with your life…do you have an answer? What does your deeper Self say?
|This one helped me trust that beauty|
awaited me on my path.
If you are like many, you have no idea. You’re just trying to get through your day, to feed the family, to do a good job, to do your part. Who me? You answer. I don't know. I’m tired. I don’t have time to think about those things right now.
But you do. And like a bright light in a dark place, you will feel better when you see yourSelf more clearly. I know because I've been there. So here, give me your hand. Let me walk with you a little bit further on your path of Self. It wont take long and funniest thing...it might even make you smile.
1. Go to a store that sells a lot of magazines. Grocery stores are fine but magazine stores are even better.
2. As you enter, see what section interests you. Don’t just head to the area you usually like or the kinds of magazines you always get. Look around first. Let yourself unwind. Try to see with your heart's eyes, not your brain’s eyes.
3. Buy three or four magazines that speak to your heart. Make sure they make you smile.
4. Go home and sift through the pages with a pair of scissors, cutting out anything that makes you happy. Anything. Even a word or phrase.
5. Now find a big piece of paper and glue all the things that make you smile onto one place.
6. Step back and see….where you are right now, what makes you smile….from a distance. Observe yourSelf as if you are someone else. Find compassion and love for where you are, for what makes you smile.
Our hearts speak to us in different ways and sometimes louder than we think. When we get creative, a lot of times our heart's messages will emerge unfettered, without the brain getting in the way, and will tell us things we didn't know about ourselves, things our heart knew all along would make us happier. My Wednesday Wish for you? That you make time this week to discover some more of the magic in yourSelf because there's a lot more in each of us than most of us realize.
|This one helped me discover that|
I needed to live by the sea, to have a garden
and to buy a run down house...so I did!