Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Wednesday Wish (128); Remember Your Wings


photo via google images, www.energybasedhealth.com

Dear Friend,

I wish you knew what your letter did to me, how deeply it affected me. It’s been days now and still, I’m intoxicated by your words, my body swirling with the things you wrote, with the courage it must’ve taken to reveal yourself to a me, someone you have never met. And yet I realize when I take a deep breath and step inside myself that somehow we must have met before. For when I read your words the very first time, I knew you. My heart knew yours. We’re old friends, you and I, aren’t we? How could we be anything less? Old friends who just this week rekindled their beautiful forgotten connection. Can you feel my smile?

You wrote to ask me about your path in life and if I think your choices will bring you the happiness you have always longed for. You ask me. You have asked others before me—friends, family, maybe even strangers on the bus, or at the airport, or in the check-out line at the grocery store. You compare yourself to others, measuring your worth against people you see and hear and read about in the news. (Don’t forget, we are old friends so I know these things about you.) And while I understand your reasons for doing so, I can’t help but ask, ‘when did you forget the magic that is you?’

Your letter sang to me a song, each verse revealing a different piece of your story. And not just with the words you chose but, if I am completely honest with you, with the spaces you left in between. Yes there, my friend, there is where your real truths lie. Amidst the spaces in between, that sacred dwelling that lives within, inside, not out, in the real you left hidden away.

Did you forget, as so many of us do, that the real answers never lie outside? Did you forget that no soul shares your same truths? Did you forget that there is only one place that will ever be able to offer you the advice you so need to hear? For if you have forgotten these weathered stones, well worn from each our own paths in life, then let me, my friend, humbly remind you.

You are magic. You are beautiful. You are everything you ever need to be happy in the deepest sense of the word. And all the wisdom you will need for the rest of your one wild life? It all lies within—within that beautiful, magical Self of yours.

So please, dear friend of mine, feel those feelings, those knots at the end of the threads, for they will always, confidently, lead you within, to the depths of who you are. To the depths of your soul. And if you listen carefully, as you once listened to every other voice around you, you will hear what that wise soul of yours has to say. She'll tell you, you have wings.

With love,
Your friend,

Brynne


No comments: